The PCF2021 aim is to address the evolution of granular ingredients from the particulate state to the compaction step and beyond (i.e. ageing of the compact, deaggregation, disintegration, dissolution and release). Though focused on Pharmaceutical and Biomedical applications, the research and applications to be presented are applicable to many process industries, such as chemicals, food & agriculture and, partially, additive manufacturing.
Important sub-theme addresses the characterization of solid dosage forms using advanced technologies such as X-ray CT, time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry and terahertz imaging/spectroscopy.
Who should attend?
- industrial practitioners, plant engineers, process engineers, machine/process designers, formulation scientists and industrial scientists
- scientists, scholars, modellers, experimentalists, teachers & students
The Technology & Innovation Centre (TIC)
TIC is located on the University of Strathcyde campus, in the heart of the Glasgow City Centre. TIC is Strathclyde’s flagship venue and a world-class research facility.
For more information on this world-class research facility, go to: https://www.strath.ac.uk/conferencingandevents/
For a complete campus map:
click on: https://www.strath.ac.uk/campustour/
- Dr. Daniel Markl, Chair University of Strathclyde https://themarkllab.com
- Dr. Rachel Smith, The University of Sheffield
- Dr. Kendal Pitt, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK UK)
- Dr. Gavin Reynolds, AstraZeneca (UK)
- Ms. Erin Walsh, Doctoral student, University of Strathclyde
- Ms. Sara LeFloch, SciFora
- Mr. Mithushan Soundaranathan, Doctoral student, University of Strathclyde
- Mr. Jack Creswick, Doctoral student, University of Strathclyde
- Mr. Jean LeFloch, SciFora
- Digital design of products & processes
- Post-ejection events, including stability & release
- Low density compacts, including capsules and inhalation devices
- Microstructure of particulate systems, including characterization & link to performance
The Scientific Conference (Monday/Tuesday) will include 4 keynote addresses, 12-16 podium presentations, flash presentations and posters.
- Emma Kendrick, Ph.D. Professor of Energy Materials, University of Birmingham
- Paul E. Trusty, Ph.D. Senior Technical Director, GSK
- Agba Salman, Ph.D. Professor of Particle Technology, University of Sheffield
- Axel Zeitler, Ph.D. Professor of Microstructure Engineering, University of Cambridge
Providers of instrumentation, equipment, software and services are seen as important partners by PCF and its organisers: Forum Partners are offered the possibility to display during the 2 days of the Scientific Conference, and the exhibitor package includes:
- Website and venue publicity
- Display table and space for a backdrop
- Ability to display instruments, small equipment, videos, literature
- Possibility of short presentation during the Monday workshop
Please contact us early (email@example.com), as the exhibition is limited to the first 8-10 applicants
Sponsorship opportunities are also available to Industrial partners and Forum partners to contribute to the support of the Forum; sponsorships include website and venue publicity.